Thursday, January 3, 2013

Currents...

You can tell I'm on break and I'm bored because I am posting two days in a row.

Thoughts: I wish I had time to re-read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books. I went and saw The Hobbit over break and I'm currently watching The Lord of the Rings and I just want to nerd out and read the books.
Also, I'm super psyched for the last Wheel of Time book to come out. Am I a nerd? Yes.



Blessings: Although I complain about my house, it's really quite homey and I am glad that I have that. It would stink to really hate where you live. I'm also so thankful for my Aunt Ruth, Uncle Greg and cousin Megahn who opened their home up to me for the past couple weeks. There have been a lot of changes at home lately which kept me from bringing Hank to either my parents or Sterling's parents houses and I really didn't have anywhere to stay back at home. They were so good to me and I am so thankful to have family reach out and help me when I needed it.

Struggles: Well. I haven't been great about exercising lately. I think I just kept telling myself that after the holidays I will get back on track (I feel like this happens every year) and now that the holidays are over, I really have no motivation. Except that I promised my husband I'd be in awesome shape when he gets home. And that makes me a little motivated. I just super hate running in the winter. Especially in Lansing where the sidewalks are awful (mine included)

Projects: I really don't have too many going on right now. I'm finishing up THE CUTEST little "monsters" for my niece and I think I am going to make one for my nephew as well.
I also have a few hats and things that I need to finish for family members. I kind of want to make myself some leg warmers as well :)

OH and I got a beautiful new sewing machine for Christmas:
So I am going to play around with that today and see what kind of damage I can do :)

Favorites: My darling puppy of course. And chamomile vanilla tea. And messages from my hubby :)

Desires: For my skin to not be so dry (damn eczema). To get this semester over with and to see my husband sooner!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know someone is reading your blog... :) Glad you have been updating. I just got a sewing machine also -- my MIL sent me her old one. Have not been able to use it yet, but I am pumped to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :) It's nice to know that someone looks at it! I haven't done much of anything with mine yet, but it's nice to have and someday I will use it... hopefully!

    ReplyDelete